DefinitionFor the purpose of this Policy
Purpose of UseThe specific purposes of use of user information related to the provision of the Service are as follows. In the event that the Company acquires personal information for any other purpose, the Company shall clearly indicate the purpose of use to the User prior to such acquisition:
- To provide, maintain, protect, and improve the Service, including the acceptance of membership registration, identification, authentication, recording of settings, and settlement and calculation of usage fees related to the Service
- To measure traffic and behavior of users
- To distribute, display, and measure the effectiveness of advertisements
- To provide information and respond to inquiries regarding the Service
- To respond to violations
- To notify you of changes to the T&Cs, etc.
- For other purposes incidental to the above purposes of use.
Provision to Third PartiesThe Company shall not provide any personal information among the user information to any third party (including those located outside Japan) without the prior consent of the user. However, this does not apply to provision to third parties in the following cases:
- When the Company entrusts the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- When personal information is provided in connection with the succession of a business due to a merger or other reasons
- When it is necessary to cooperate
- When otherwise required by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as the “Personal Information Protection Act”) and when permitted by other laws and regulations
Correction and Suspension of Use of Personal Information
- If a request is made to suspend the use of personal information in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law for reasons such as (a) the information is used for purposes that exceed the scope of the previously announced purpose of use, or (b) the information was collected through deception or other wrongful means, the Company will conduct the necessary investigation without delay after confirming that the request is made by the user himself/herself, and based on the results of the investigation, the Company will correct the content of the personal information or suspend its use, and notify the user to that effect. If the Company decides not to correct or suspend the use of the personal information, the Company will notify the User to that effect.
- In the event that the Company is requested
- The provisions of the preceding two paragraphs shall not apply in cases where the Company is not obligated to correct or suspend the use of personal information under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and regulations.